Pipe laying Crane Vessel
During the whole 2008 Navalprogetti worked on the Basic Design of a new vessel for SAIPEM & Petrobras.
PLCV 4000 is a DP3 vessel capable of laying steel pipes, develop subsea fields up to 3000m water depth and perform heavy lifting operations up to 4000t, fully revolving. The vessel has been designed to achieve the best compromise between stability requirements for heavy lifting operations and seakeeping performances in all operational conditions.
It is a totally tailor-made vessel capable
of carrying out several duties in both shallow and deep water areas such as:
- Steel pipe installations: deployment of steel pipes up to 36in. diameter in J lay mode up to a 3000m depth
- Transportation on deck, lifting and installation of heavy modules; Fully revolving crane 4000t @ 40m radius
- Standing riser installation
- SCR installation construction and direct transfer of Steel Catenary Risers
- Deployment in ultra-deep water of subsea structures
- Subsea mooring installation
- S-laying operation: the vessel is designed to allow a stinger installation on the bow for pipe laying in S-mode in case of future demand.
The analysis of the dynamic behavior of the vessel was a very important part of the design process. The seakeeping and DP theoretical analysis were performed using a certified software that was then customized with self-developed macros operated by qualified engineers.
The design was tested in the Marin (Wageningen) model basin.
|Length overall||205.0 m|
|Length between perpendiculars (T=7,5m)||197.6 m|
|Max breadth||48.0 m|
|Extreme Breadth (balcony included)||63.6 m|
|Height of main deck above base line||13.0 m|
|Height of upper deck above base line||21.31 m|
|Height of fore castle deck above base line||26.81 m|
|Design draft||10.5 m|
|Scantling draft||10.5 m|
|Max draft||10.5 m|
|Displacement at transit draft||57,800 mt|
|Displacement at scantling/design draft||abt. 85,600 mt|
|Deadweight at 8.5 metre
||abt. 21,000 mt|
|Payload (10,000 mt pipes and 4,000 mt modules)||abt.14,000 mt|
|Service speed (at transit draft )||12 kn|
|Main Electrical Generation System||8 x 8400 kWe|
|Total Persons onboard (crew + extra personnel)||360|